My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Tennessee/Alabama
Hi, I have two children with my ex husband. We have been separated since September 2013 and divorced since may 2015. I have been asking him since day one to get a visitation schedule to me. Currently he just texts a few days before he wants to get them for the weekend and tells me to meet him at a halfway point in Mississippi. This hasn't been too much of an issue until recently when he has decided that the town we meet in isn't actually the halfway point between us. He is now demanding that I drive the extra mileage to meet him. When I have refused to do this, he just refuses to get the kids at all. My children are suffering because of it. They no longer have much interest in seeing their father. Over the past 3 years, he has had them a total of maybe a month all together. When he does get them, we meet on Saturday mornings, and then again on Sunday afternoon/evening. So about a 24 hour period every other month or two (sometimes even more time in between). He also has not been paying the full amount of child support agreed upon in the divorce decree. He had asked me if he could start paying a little less, and I agreed since I thought it would help him be able to see the kids more often, but this has not changed his behavior. in our original agreement, it states that any changes in support payments must be mutually agreed upon, written up, signed by us both, and notarized. We did not do this with the new amount which is $150 less a month than previously stated. We also have a tax debt together due to him lying on two years worth of joint returns, which has been consistently taken from my returns for the past two years, but he has paid nothing in to it (probably not the forum to discuss this in, but if anyone has advice on how to handle that as well, that would be great). My main questions are, since we have just a standard divorce decree, what are my options to get this settled. I would like to know who is actually responsible for travel in this situation, and what do I need to do to go ahead and enforce the original child support amount. I am in the process of finding a lawyer to help guide me though, but I need to know what kind of questions to ask to get these things accomplished. Thank you in advance, I hope that this is clear enough to you all.
Hi, I have two children with my ex husband. We have been separated since September 2013 and divorced since may 2015. I have been asking him since day one to get a visitation schedule to me. Currently he just texts a few days before he wants to get them for the weekend and tells me to meet him at a halfway point in Mississippi. This hasn't been too much of an issue until recently when he has decided that the town we meet in isn't actually the halfway point between us. He is now demanding that I drive the extra mileage to meet him. When I have refused to do this, he just refuses to get the kids at all. My children are suffering because of it. They no longer have much interest in seeing their father. Over the past 3 years, he has had them a total of maybe a month all together. When he does get them, we meet on Saturday mornings, and then again on Sunday afternoon/evening. So about a 24 hour period every other month or two (sometimes even more time in between). He also has not been paying the full amount of child support agreed upon in the divorce decree. He had asked me if he could start paying a little less, and I agreed since I thought it would help him be able to see the kids more often, but this has not changed his behavior. in our original agreement, it states that any changes in support payments must be mutually agreed upon, written up, signed by us both, and notarized. We did not do this with the new amount which is $150 less a month than previously stated. We also have a tax debt together due to him lying on two years worth of joint returns, which has been consistently taken from my returns for the past two years, but he has paid nothing in to it (probably not the forum to discuss this in, but if anyone has advice on how to handle that as well, that would be great). My main questions are, since we have just a standard divorce decree, what are my options to get this settled. I would like to know who is actually responsible for travel in this situation, and what do I need to do to go ahead and enforce the original child support amount. I am in the process of finding a lawyer to help guide me though, but I need to know what kind of questions to ask to get these things accomplished. Thank you in advance, I hope that this is clear enough to you all.
Custody and Visitation Issues: Ncp Will Not Exercise Visitation Rights Unless Met in the Place of His Choosing
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire