lundi 17 avril 2017

Assessment Proposal in Future - How It Impacts a Home Closing

My question involves real estate located in the State of: FL

I am in process of selling my home, and signed a purchase contract for $98K. The buyers seem to be intensely fussy and are negotiating about little things, which has been a big pain till now. We just received a letter from the city about a 'proposed' assessment (upgrades in the larger neighborhood) and there is to be a public hearing just days before the closing date, on whether the residents have any objections. The work is to begin next year, and payments of about 3k will be assessed next year.

At first, I thought to just forward the letter to the buyers (it should be no big deal, its a future thing, they should take care of it themselves), but having experienced their behavior, they will for certain demand that I put the 3k in some future place so that it will help pay for the proposed assessment, should that move forward. What are my options?

a) go to hearing and just say to city, I object, and I dont want the improvement, hopefully it does not move forward.
b) since this is a 'proposed' assessment about a work in future, I dont need to worry about it, and let the buyers handle if/when it moves forward.
c) cancel the purchase contract, since I know buyers will raise a hell and want me to pay right now for something in future (however, it is depressing to now start-over again)
d) let them know of the proposal, and pay them whatever they ask in some kind of a fund, and if proposal does not move forward, then to get my money back from that fund.

Any tips/advice, appreciate.


Assessment Proposal in Future - How It Impacts a Home Closing

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire