dimanche 19 mars 2017

Driver's License Issues: Violated Terms and Conditions of Driving Probation

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: California

Hello my name's Dewan, 21 from Sacramento, CA. I've acquired a drivers license around the age of 16 on June 22, 2012. As a young driver, I have made my mistakes on the road and got a ticket for it throughout the years. I actually just turned 21 on March 1st, 2017 and come to a realization how stupid some of my driving decisions were in the past. I was willing to change all that the day my 2011 Chevy Camaro SS was impounded on February 5, 2017. On this day I was pulled over for "VC 26710 DEFECTIVE WINDSHIELD/REAR WINDOW GLASS", at the time my windshield was cracked. For some odd reason, the officer didn't walk up to me until he called back up along with a helicopter. I even have a video recording of the whole incident. At one point the officer ran my drivers license and come to find out it was suspended since December of 2016. My car was impounded along with the officer taking my drivers license from me. I was told by DMV I need to give my local DMV driving officer a call so eventually I set up an appointment. That following Friday, February 10th I had an appointment with a woman from DMV which was the hearing officer. She went over each ticket I have received within the past year and I told her exactly how fast I was going along with a quick run down on each situation per citation. She actually was naming the citation number along with the date of the ticket then asked me to tell her about it. I was never asked about the February 5th incident where I got my car impounded. I mentioned to her that my car is impounded and that I need a drivers license in order to get it out before 30 days along with letting her know I commute to work 5 days a week for 40 hours a week. My job involves me moving around all the time. I need to be on the road when my boss needs me to. So she told me that she'd mail the "FINDINGS" out to me and I'll find out the results. She also said, "I'm going to finish this as fast as possible so you can pull your car out of impound" and I was truly thankful for her help. I ended up receiving the letter quite fast, which was the following Monday stating that I'm allowed back on the road under driving probation till December 14, 2017. My license was effective starting February 14th, 2017. That same day I was able to pay the fees to reinstate my drivers license along with an SR22 insurance, pay the police for a car to have permission to pull my car out of impound, then paid the actual tow truck company for towing and storage fees. I got my car back and my drivers license. I was happy and been following the law since. I have no even been pulled over for any reason or been in any type of trouble since the date.

Now I was able to acquire my drivers license back at DMV on February 14, 2017 but all of a sudden they mentioned to me that I will be losing my license again on March 20th, 2017 so it was almost no point of reinstating my drives license for a month. But, I needed a license in order to get my car out so I went along with everything and reschedule another appointment with my DMV hearing officer to get help understanding why I'm about to lose my drivers license once again when she just set up me up with driving probation on February 14, 2017 for the first time in my life. Never in the past have I spoke to a hearing officer or anything of that nature about reinstating my drivers license. March 2, 2017 came along and I had a phone call once again with the hearing officer. I told her the situation and she yelled at me in a unprofessional manner stating, "At the end of the questionnaire, I asked if there's anything else you'd like let me know and you said nothing." So in my head, I'm thinking she's a DMV officer and should have known about it just like she just got done going over all my tickets the first time we spoke. I also mentioned the first time multiple times that my car was recently impounded. She should have asked as a DMV hearing officer, "Why is your car impounded?" I was always taught not to give any information you're not asked in certain situations when you're trying to help yourself. She eventually asked, "What do you want me to do?" I told her, "Ever since I started driving probation on February 14, 2017 for the first time in my life. I have been obeying the driving law since and I also mentioned that I'm getting older now and that my past was me being a stupid kid and that I have changed my bad habits" Which I did. I haven't had any traffic law situations since. I received a letter in the mail by DMV again. She suspended my drivers license until September 19, 2017. Probation will continue till December 14, 2017.

My question is, how did something in the past effective my reinstated license after the actual event has happened? Now I'm out of a drivers license for the same situation I called to fix the first time with the hearing officer. A couple boxes were checked off stating that I can write a letter to them within 15 days of receiving the letter along with setting up a court review 94 days after receiving the letter. Below is more information on all my tickets within the past 3 years. I also included a few screenshots of the recent letter to me. How should I proceed on reinstating my drivers license to at least go to work?

11/06/2014 - California Highway Patrol
1. VC 26708(A) UNLAWFUL MATERIAL ON VEHICLE WINDSHIELD/WINDOWS / Infraction / DISMISSED
2. VC 5200(A) DISPLAY OF LICENSE PLATES / Infraction / DISMISSED

4/22/2015 - California Highway Patrol
1. VC 22349(A) MAXIMUM SPEED - OVER 65 LIMIT / Infraction / DISMISSED

09/26/2015 - Local Police Department
1. VC 23109(C) EXHIBITION OF SPEED / Infraction / DISMISSED

07/30/2016 - California Highway Patrol
1. VC 22349(A) MAXIMUM SPEED - OVER 65 LIMIT / Infraction / Convicted - Monthly Payments

08/30/2016 - Local Police Department
1. VC 22350 UNSAFE SPEED FOR PREVAILING CONDITIONS / Infraction / Convicted - Monthly Payments

12/21/2016 - California Highway Patrol
1. VC 14601.1(A) SUSP/REVOKE LICENSE / Infraction / Convicted - Monthly Payments
1. VC 21658(A) LANE STRADDLING/UNSAFE LANE CHANGE / Infraction / Convicted - Monthly Payments
1. VC 21703 FOLLOWING TOO CLOSE / Infraction / Convicted - Monthly Payments
1. VC 26709(B) TWO SIDE REARVIEW MIRRORS REQUIRED ON CERTAIN VEHICLES / Infraction / Convicted - Monthly Payments

02/05/2017 - Local Police Department
1. VC 14601.1(A) SUSP/REVOKE LICENSE / Infraction / Active
1. VC 26710 DEFECTIVE WINDSHIELD/REAR WINDOW GLASS - CORRECT W/IN 48 HRS / Infraction / Active
1. VC 26708(A)1 UNLAWFUL MATERIAL ON VEHICLE WINDSHIELD/WINDOWS / Infraction / Active
1. VC 4454(A) NO REGISTRATION CARD IN VEH / Infraction / Active




Driver's License Issues: Violated Terms and Conditions of Driving Probation

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire