dimanche 19 mars 2017

Civil Rights Issues: What Determines Emotional Abuse

My question involves civil rights in the State of: Nebraska

I'm a disabled veteran. I live with my biological mother and step-father. I have very severe agoraphobia (the fear of open spaces, ie outdoors.) to the point where I am nearly housebound. (So clearly, there's no escape from this.)

Often times, especially now that spring is upon us and yard work needs to be done, they will get upset if I refuse to do something outside; despite my condition being what it is. Technically, yes I can go outside. It is extremely distressing for me to do so under any circumstance, and I need someone else to be there with me at all times. Also I couldn't do it long enough to get anything done anyways.

As I was saying, my mother will stand there and lay into me about everything I need to do, and generally get on my back about everything. I know this doesn't seem like it's exactly a legal situation, but there is a pattern of what I want to start calling "emotional abuse". Whenever I'm not as useful to them as they would like, or if I do something wrong, I get the 3rd degree. I'm not really in a position to defend myself, so I just have to sit there and take it. And yes agoraphobia is what I would call the disability, but I also suffer from severe depression, which is somewhat treated so that I can at least move; but it is harder than it should be.

I've been taking this for years accepting that it is just my life and my problems. I get that. The reason I'm on here is to determine if there's a halfway decent case here or not. Disability cannot come soon enough, which I'm having trouble getting; but that's for another thread. Thanks for your help.

Edit: Also I want to add that if they are feeling bad for any reason, usually stress, they will make me feel bad. 99% of the time I'm not the cause of their problem, but I have to just absorb their negativity because they just want to unload it on me to make themselves feel better. Well, just my biological mother. My step-dad is not really that supportive of me in general and will just agree with literally anything my mom says. They will do this no matter how depressed/bad I look. Just whenever they feel like unloading their negativity on me. Also I forgot to mention that I'm 27 years old.


Civil Rights Issues: What Determines Emotional Abuse

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire