mercredi 19 octobre 2016

Social Security Issues: SSI IRS Computer Matching

On October 14, I received a letter from the Social Security office for a review of my SSI eligibility, which I thought was completely normal. Then I read the second page, which says: We received information from computer matching with the Internal Revenue Service.

I was supposed to have had a phone interview with my ssi worker October 13, but due to problems with Hurricane Matthew, I got it a day after. So I immediately called the office & rescheduled it to October 19th at 2:30 PM....only one problem with that, the office wasn't even open then!

Oddly enough, the day I received said letter, I got a call from someone claiming that they were with the IRS & were suing me for 30,000 dollars! Of course, I knew this was a scam & it got reported.

Although this letter says that they need something from November 1 2014 to present, there was never anything said about what exactly I did need.

Thought this could possibly be a scam, but the call back numbers are legit...I don't know what's going on. Has this ever happened to anyone else with SSI?

I'm worried about them just cutting off my SSI without talking to me once the thirty days are up, even though I've taken the steps I need to just to talk to them about whatever it is that they need to ask me.

I mean, they work in that office & they know the closing times...yet they scheduled it on a day where they close at noon?

Makes no sense


Social Security Issues: SSI IRS Computer Matching

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire