My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Mississippi
4 way stop. Driver in front of me was stopped at a stop sign. I was also stopped behind them, waiting for them to go. Driver proceeded drive forward as if they were going to take their turn through the 4 way stop and then slammed on their brakes. According to him, someone else went instead. I had removed my foot from the brake in order to roll forward to stop at my turn at the stop sign. However, my car hit them instead since they slammed brakes. I realize in my state that rear end collision is automatically my fault. Damage to my suv is minor, their rear bumper is a little bent but nothing major.
However. Neither party had auto insurance. I just purchased my vehicle used literally last week. Other driver claims the same, both did not do due diligence in getting coverage on time. Police report was made and we both received a citation for no insurance, but the "accident" box was marked NO. We exchanged info.
My question is: in my state, at fault auto accident with no insurance coverage requires SR-22, but does that apply here? Who determines fault when neither party has insurance and the ticket says no accident? I intend to pay damages to the other driver since legally the accident was my fault, but I'm trying to prepare myself for my next steps legally.
I'll be going to court next month and showing proof of insurance. Do I also have to send proof to the state? I can't find anything online on any of my state's websites.
TIA
4 way stop. Driver in front of me was stopped at a stop sign. I was also stopped behind them, waiting for them to go. Driver proceeded drive forward as if they were going to take their turn through the 4 way stop and then slammed on their brakes. According to him, someone else went instead. I had removed my foot from the brake in order to roll forward to stop at my turn at the stop sign. However, my car hit them instead since they slammed brakes. I realize in my state that rear end collision is automatically my fault. Damage to my suv is minor, their rear bumper is a little bent but nothing major.
However. Neither party had auto insurance. I just purchased my vehicle used literally last week. Other driver claims the same, both did not do due diligence in getting coverage on time. Police report was made and we both received a citation for no insurance, but the "accident" box was marked NO. We exchanged info.
My question is: in my state, at fault auto accident with no insurance coverage requires SR-22, but does that apply here? Who determines fault when neither party has insurance and the ticket says no accident? I intend to pay damages to the other driver since legally the accident was my fault, but I'm trying to prepare myself for my next steps legally.
I'll be going to court next month and showing proof of insurance. Do I also have to send proof to the state? I can't find anything online on any of my state's websites.
TIA
Determination of Fault: Fender Bender with Neither Party Having Insurance
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire