My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Michigan
Hey all,
I'm in a bit of a pickle here. Due to just overall bad luck (several layoffs in the course of a year), I am roughly 2500 dollars behind in my child support. I recently moved and in the course of my address change I managed to miss a notice to appear and have a bench warrant I was just recently made aware of. I called FOC and was instructed to come in and talk to a referee. Upon further research on the website it says I should also bring the bond amount (500 or 25% of what I currently owe). My problem is I literally just started a job this week and will not have any kind of substantial pay check until two weeks from now. Would it be in my best interest to still see the referee with proof of income/paper work proving income withholding even if I do not have money for bond? I ask because jail time is not an option as I am the main breadwinner for my family and it would ultimately jeopardize the job that I have just started and ultimately put my family in an extremely bad situation financially. I would like to handle this as I have no criminal record and do not want to have any kind of legal action hanging over my head. Up to this point I have been as consistent as possible in paying my support and hope someone will be able to give me some insight as to how to proceed.
Thanks!
Hey all,
I'm in a bit of a pickle here. Due to just overall bad luck (several layoffs in the course of a year), I am roughly 2500 dollars behind in my child support. I recently moved and in the course of my address change I managed to miss a notice to appear and have a bench warrant I was just recently made aware of. I called FOC and was instructed to come in and talk to a referee. Upon further research on the website it says I should also bring the bond amount (500 or 25% of what I currently owe). My problem is I literally just started a job this week and will not have any kind of substantial pay check until two weeks from now. Would it be in my best interest to still see the referee with proof of income/paper work proving income withholding even if I do not have money for bond? I ask because jail time is not an option as I am the main breadwinner for my family and it would ultimately jeopardize the job that I have just started and ultimately put my family in an extremely bad situation financially. I would like to handle this as I have no criminal record and do not want to have any kind of legal action hanging over my head. Up to this point I have been as consistent as possible in paying my support and hope someone will be able to give me some insight as to how to proceed.
Thanks!
Collection and Enforcement: Bench Warrant Advice
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire