My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Maryland
So my roommate yesterday decided to up and leave because I asked her to take out the trash (gasp). This is fine but she left a note claiming she's going to take what she thinks we owe in bills out of this months rent (she's still gonna pay otherwise....seems like a winning situation to me.) We've been paying 2/3rds of her bills (all are in her name). We didn't agree to this on any paper, and never truly agreed verbally... she just kind of stated that she couldn't afford to pay half and paid what she wanted to pay from there on. The bills show that we've paid the majority of the bills, in our names with our cards, for the entire time here. Does she have any real claim to say I owe her money, considering if we go by splitting it (like the rent) as we should have....she should really owe us? I don't even want any money from her. I just want to know if I really owe her anything. She up and left and disconnected the services so I won't even get to use them till the end of the billing cycles (15th for the cable, July 1st for the electric.)
The electric had a balance of $97 and the cable a balance of $208 total (May + June balance). When I called to switch over to me, the electric company said the deposit was enough to cover the balance due so in reality that bill should not even exist anymore.
There are 3 of us, two in one room and then her. We split rent (in her note she acknowledges this) and wanted to split bills but she refused. Not that this matters I suppose, but when we lived with her in a place before here (she moved with us) she said 200 in rent and we paid 500 plus still paid half the bills. So we've paid for this girl more than enough.
So my roommate yesterday decided to up and leave because I asked her to take out the trash (gasp). This is fine but she left a note claiming she's going to take what she thinks we owe in bills out of this months rent (she's still gonna pay otherwise....seems like a winning situation to me.) We've been paying 2/3rds of her bills (all are in her name). We didn't agree to this on any paper, and never truly agreed verbally... she just kind of stated that she couldn't afford to pay half and paid what she wanted to pay from there on. The bills show that we've paid the majority of the bills, in our names with our cards, for the entire time here. Does she have any real claim to say I owe her money, considering if we go by splitting it (like the rent) as we should have....she should really owe us? I don't even want any money from her. I just want to know if I really owe her anything. She up and left and disconnected the services so I won't even get to use them till the end of the billing cycles (15th for the cable, July 1st for the electric.)
The electric had a balance of $97 and the cable a balance of $208 total (May + June balance). When I called to switch over to me, the electric company said the deposit was enough to cover the balance due so in reality that bill should not even exist anymore.
There are 3 of us, two in one room and then her. We split rent (in her note she acknowledges this) and wanted to split bills but she refused. Not that this matters I suppose, but when we lived with her in a place before here (she moved with us) she said 200 in rent and we paid 500 plus still paid half the bills. So we've paid for this girl more than enough.
Roommates: Division and Payment of Bills After a Roommate Moves Out
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire