I was charged (but not convicted) of a felony more than 6 years ago. As the situation was corrupt and unjust (sting operation), I did not go to court, and left the US. I've been calmly living overseas. There was a bench warrant out for my arrest, but nobody ever tried to find me, and my case was put on the dead docket list a couple years ago. As of now, I can't find anything coming up on my arrest via Google.
My mom passed and I have been waiting to try to get my inheritance. The obstacle is I need to get documents notarized where I live at the US Embassy. My question is, if I go into the embassy, presenting my passport, etc, will they do any thorough background check, could they discover my warrant or charge, and could this cause any problem for me getting the notarization? Thanks to anyone who knows about this specifically and can help.
My mom passed and I have been waiting to try to get my inheritance. The obstacle is I need to get documents notarized where I live at the US Embassy. My question is, if I go into the embassy, presenting my passport, etc, will they do any thorough background check, could they discover my warrant or charge, and could this cause any problem for me getting the notarization? Thanks to anyone who knows about this specifically and can help.
Criminal Records: Background Check Getting Notary in Us Embassy
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire