jeudi 5 mai 2016

Traffic Lights, Signs and Controls: Improper Left Turn (in a Way)

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Michigan

Ok so here is the scenario. I live in Oakland county of Michigan state. I apparently made an illegal wrong left turn on a street where almost everyone turns left. Yes I know that this is not a valid excuse. It does have a sign on top of the light that says no turns. I am sure fighting that is not going to help me because my defence is too weak.

My question is about the ticket and the points. It's a hand written ticket (normally it's printed) with not much details. It says prohibited left turn under the description and that's about it. When I asked the cop how much it is, he said $130 (he looked it up on the back of the ticket with various amounts for different ticket) and when I asked for points, he said "possibly 3 points". I mean the ticket itself doesn't explain much.

Is there point in fighting it? Will I get the points? If I just pay off the ticket online, will I have a chance to explain myself? Does it really even matter? And how bad would the 3 points be for my insurace? Is it possible to just pay off the ticket within next 14 days so I don't get the points?

I know I am asking bunch of questions but I have to know what to do before I just pay the money.


P.S. Here is the link to the court:
http://ift.tt/1WcmflC
Thank you,
Cat&Mouse


Traffic Lights, Signs and Controls: Improper Left Turn (in a Way)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire