My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California
Hello,
So I received a traffic violation for an unsafe lane change.
So my friends and I were on the left lane, waiting to turn left at a stop light. When the light turned green, I proceeded to make a left turn, and needed to go on the freeway. Little did I know, the freeway was on the right hand side immediately after I turned left, and I had already gotten on the far left lane. The light ahead of me was red so the cars in front of me had stopped and there was enough room for me to change lanes, and so no more than 50 ft away was the entrance of the freeway. I signaled right and there were no cars behind me because the light behind us was red. Well, I signaled and then checked my blind spot, and the coast was clear. As i was turning to the right lane, a white van just speeds up right behind me nearly hitting me. He honked and after he sped off, there weren't any cars behind him so I proceeded to the right lane. Well little did I know, there was a cop car one car ahead of me and his lights went off.
The cop pulls me over and says that I had made an unsafe lane change. In my defense, I followed all the safety of making a lane change by signaling and checking my blind spots before proceeding with caution. I wouldn't have made that lane change if I saw that white van speeding down the street. I need some guidance with this because I am doing a trail by written declaration and want to know if this is a reasonable defense to present.
Any pointers or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hello,
So I received a traffic violation for an unsafe lane change.
So my friends and I were on the left lane, waiting to turn left at a stop light. When the light turned green, I proceeded to make a left turn, and needed to go on the freeway. Little did I know, the freeway was on the right hand side immediately after I turned left, and I had already gotten on the far left lane. The light ahead of me was red so the cars in front of me had stopped and there was enough room for me to change lanes, and so no more than 50 ft away was the entrance of the freeway. I signaled right and there were no cars behind me because the light behind us was red. Well, I signaled and then checked my blind spot, and the coast was clear. As i was turning to the right lane, a white van just speeds up right behind me nearly hitting me. He honked and after he sped off, there weren't any cars behind him so I proceeded to the right lane. Well little did I know, there was a cop car one car ahead of me and his lights went off.
The cop pulls me over and says that I had made an unsafe lane change. In my defense, I followed all the safety of making a lane change by signaling and checking my blind spots before proceeding with caution. I wouldn't have made that lane change if I saw that white van speeding down the street. I need some guidance with this because I am doing a trail by written declaration and want to know if this is a reasonable defense to present.
Any pointers or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Traffic Lane Violations: 21658(A) VC Lane Change California
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire