My question involves criminal law for the state of: Texas
I have a misdemeanor charge that has been on going for a year now and my case is going to trial in 10 days. I was told by my attorney that if I could get a signed affidavit from my brother claiming responsibility for the charge that the D.A would drop the case. My lawyer was able to obtain this affidavit from my brother and turned it in to the D.A., I then asked my lawyer for an update and he said that the D.A has yet to make a decision. I went to the pre trial court date today and the state said that they are ready for trial and my lawyer was not there but the judge had a note from him saying that we were not ready for trial.
I am confused as to why they would say that they would drop the case if they clearly aren't and what does it mean that they say they are ready for trial but my lawyer says he isn't? This has been going on far to long and I have no idea what is happening. My lawyer doesn't really tell me anything
Please help
I have a misdemeanor charge that has been on going for a year now and my case is going to trial in 10 days. I was told by my attorney that if I could get a signed affidavit from my brother claiming responsibility for the charge that the D.A would drop the case. My lawyer was able to obtain this affidavit from my brother and turned it in to the D.A., I then asked my lawyer for an update and he said that the D.A has yet to make a decision. I went to the pre trial court date today and the state said that they are ready for trial and my lawyer was not there but the judge had a note from him saying that we were not ready for trial.
I am confused as to why they would say that they would drop the case if they clearly aren't and what does it mean that they say they are ready for trial but my lawyer says he isn't? This has been going on far to long and I have no idea what is happening. My lawyer doesn't really tell me anything
Please help
Theft and Larceny: Trial
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire