jeudi 5 mai 2016

Speeding Tickets: Does an Officer Have to File a Report for a Speeding Ticket

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Washington

I recently got a speeding ticket it was for 50 in a 35, the officer spotted me while he was driving in the oncoming lane. He openly admitted he did not get me with any kind of speed measuring device and was only estimating how fast I was going (I topped out around 70 before I spotted him) which is why I chose to contest the ticket, it doesn't seem like a legitimate method of determining speed.

I was a little late in requesting discovery so I doubt I will be getting anything from the prosecutor so I went ahead and did a FOIA request for any reports, dash cam footage and body cam footage to the Bellingham Police department and was informed that the office never filed a report with the ticket. From what I understand that is enough to have the ticket suppressed and the case dismissed. What I am not sure of is what verbiage to use when requesting these motions when I get in front of the judge.

Thank you in advance for any help.


Speeding Tickets: Does an Officer Have to File a Report for a Speeding Ticket

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire