My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: South Carolina
I got a quote from a small business for a tree removal project. I told him that I accepted the quote, but nothing was put in writing. He said he'd come do the job that weekend and would call first to make sure we were home.
I found a family friend who would do it cheaper and was planning on having him do it instead, figuring I'd just tell the first guy we'd found someone else when he called.
About a week later, I hadn't heard from the first guy. But we noticed the tree was gone. So, we asked our family friend if he took it. He said no.
There was also some confusion that made me think the first guy hadn't taken it either.
Now, the first guy shows up in our yard. He doesn't speak English very well. So, I'm not sure if he's coming to take the tree because he doesn't know it's already gone or to collect money. I tell him someone already took it. He says he did.
But, by now, I don't have the money to pay him, and I'm honestly not 100% sure he was the one who took it.
What do I do? What are my rights? And what are his?
I got a quote from a small business for a tree removal project. I told him that I accepted the quote, but nothing was put in writing. He said he'd come do the job that weekend and would call first to make sure we were home.
I found a family friend who would do it cheaper and was planning on having him do it instead, figuring I'd just tell the first guy we'd found someone else when he called.
About a week later, I hadn't heard from the first guy. But we noticed the tree was gone. So, we asked our family friend if he took it. He said no.
There was also some confusion that made me think the first guy hadn't taken it either.
Now, the first guy shows up in our yard. He doesn't speak English very well. So, I'm not sure if he's coming to take the tree because he doesn't know it's already gone or to collect money. I tell him someone already took it. He says he did.
But, by now, I don't have the money to pay him, and I'm honestly not 100% sure he was the one who took it.
What do I do? What are my rights? And what are his?
Service Providers: Do You Have to Pay for Lawn Care Service with No Signed Contract
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire