My question involves personal property located in the State of: Pennsylvania
My wife and I bought this property about 2 months ago. The previous owners had no idea where the property lines were. At first it didn't matter to me because this house was built in the 40's and I assume the rest of buildings around the same time + or - 20yrs. Then, one day I saw apartment renters for the next door property using my driveway as a shortcut to get to their place. Also, I saw some paid landscaper mowing very small amount of grass on what I thought was my property. I got a survey done and it shows that some of the neighbors structure is on my land (part of the house and part of a big storage warehouse).
My question is, is there anything I could/should do? I assume the neighbor has had these buildings like this for 30+yrs. Have I lost the land? Can I make he/she buy what land they are using? Do I need some record redone to show my true property lines which would affect the price of my entire property?
My wife and I bought this property about 2 months ago. The previous owners had no idea where the property lines were. At first it didn't matter to me because this house was built in the 40's and I assume the rest of buildings around the same time + or - 20yrs. Then, one day I saw apartment renters for the next door property using my driveway as a shortcut to get to their place. Also, I saw some paid landscaper mowing very small amount of grass on what I thought was my property. I got a survey done and it shows that some of the neighbors structure is on my land (part of the house and part of a big storage warehouse).
My question is, is there anything I could/should do? I assume the neighbor has had these buildings like this for 30+yrs. Have I lost the land? Can I make he/she buy what land they are using? Do I need some record redone to show my true property lines which would affect the price of my entire property?
Ownership Rights: Neighbors Structures on My Property
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire