lundi 2 mai 2016

Annulment: Divorce Wasn't Final, Still Got Married

My question involves a marriage in the state of: California

Ok so basically the situation is this: I married my fiancé thinking his divorce was final and since we couldn't find his divorce papers we just didn't mention it when we went to get the marriage license. We got married and well needless to say he's trying to get that last step finalized so we can officially get married. I've read that in the state of California this means our marriage is void which doesn't require any action on our part to get rid of the marriage since it isn't real. What would happen if once his divorce is final and we get married while the other marriage is still in the system, will that trigger any alarms? Should we get it annulled before we get married again? Can we get married once his divorce is finalized and work on getting the other marriage annulled aka erased from the system? Or do we absolutely need to get it annulled before proceeding with getting married again? I've seen posts which say annulments may take up to an average of one year which is honestly too long considering that all he needs is the judge's decision which shouldn't take more than a couple of months according to the lady at the courthouse.

If anybody can help me I will really appreciate it.


Annulment: Divorce Wasn't Final, Still Got Married

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire