My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Georgia
Had a new roof put on about 6 years ago using 30 year warranted shingles. I discovered recently that some of the shingles were disintegrating. I put in a warranty claim against the manufacturer and they responded with an offer of $2,000 as settlement. The roof cost me over $6,000 to install. The $2,000 represents, they say, 81% of the roof's remaining life, material only; i.e., they will not pay for labor. This is, they say, because their warranty explicitly excludes labor costs if the roof is over 5 years old. I have 30 days to accept the check as final settlement. I feel that I paid for a 30 year roof, and that they should pay to have it replaced, including labor. What should I do? Thanks.
Had a new roof put on about 6 years ago using 30 year warranted shingles. I discovered recently that some of the shingles were disintegrating. I put in a warranty claim against the manufacturer and they responded with an offer of $2,000 as settlement. The roof cost me over $6,000 to install. The $2,000 represents, they say, 81% of the roof's remaining life, material only; i.e., they will not pay for labor. This is, they say, because their warranty explicitly excludes labor costs if the roof is over 5 years old. I have 30 days to accept the check as final settlement. I feel that I paid for a 30 year roof, and that they should pay to have it replaced, including labor. What should I do? Thanks.
Warranties: Roofing Shingles Failing
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire