mercredi 5 août 2015

Visitors and Guests: Spouse Not on Lease and Landlord Views Her As Guest. Possible Quiet Enjoyment

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: California.
I've been in a small apartment complex since last November. I moved from another state to California and my spouse decided she wasn't going to go. We are not separated or divorced, I was moved as a PCS for the military as a civilian for a few year term. I am the only person on my lease. So this last month (July) my 9 year old son moved in with me. The manager says he isn't required to be on my lease since he's under 18. My spouse came to visit for 2 weeks to help with child care, then she was away for 1 week, then she will be visiting for a few weeks and away for a few weeks until late October. The owner was visiting the complex and saw my sons friend walking on a retaining wall. My Apartment door was open and the child was about 15 feet from door , I did see him and he was out there for less then a minute, anyways the owner was upset and told us to make sure he got down. She was just less than hysterical. So the child's family visited over night and for a few hours the next day and I was with them the whole time. There is a common area and pool outside my door. The female owner was staring at us for hours, every time we were outside. The whole time.. It was very uncomfortable. That was the only time I had visitors in the last year but my wife was still here. So I get a call 3 weeks later from the rental manager and she said the owner said she has been watching me through the surveillance cameras in the common areas and saw attended kids going in and out of my house this last weekend.(my son and I were the only people at my house for the last week and he doesn't go outside without me. So the statement is untrue. It seems like the owner is upset. Then the rental manager said that my wife will have to find other accommodations. My place is a 2 bedroom apartment. The lease does say no guests longer than 2 weeks. But out of 11 apartments 4 other tenants have had long term(over 1 month) adult family members visit and management allows them. Do I have any recourse? It feels like I'm being zeroed out. I have been extremely quite, pay my rent all the time on time, I'm very clean and the incident with the child on the retaining wall was the only incident. And I have been told that the owners don't want young children living in the complex. Thanks for any help. I'm in a bind.


Visitors and Guests: Spouse Not on Lease and Landlord Views Her As Guest. Possible Quiet Enjoyment

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire