My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: Wisconsin
I am wondering what my best way forward is in this situation.
About 20 months ago I ran into the back of a pickup truck, I hit his trailer hitch and it bent it about 20deg downward, wrecked my front bumper.
Unfortunately, although I was paying for insurance, I had just changed vehicles about 75 days prior to the incident, and my coverage required notification of the insurance company within the first 60 days, which I had failed to do - So, I was not insured during the time of the accident.
Now, I just received an adjustment to the total bill from around $8,000 , adding an additional $55,000 from a medical bill.
The collection company is allowing me to pay $150 a month on this.
Part of my concern, is I was looking to buy a home, and I am not sure if I can get a home loan with a $65,000 bill hanging over my head.
Is there anything I can do at this juncture, any recommendations or options that I may not be currently aware of?
Thanks in advance for any advise you can give.
I am wondering what my best way forward is in this situation.
About 20 months ago I ran into the back of a pickup truck, I hit his trailer hitch and it bent it about 20deg downward, wrecked my front bumper.
Unfortunately, although I was paying for insurance, I had just changed vehicles about 75 days prior to the incident, and my coverage required notification of the insurance company within the first 60 days, which I had failed to do - So, I was not insured during the time of the accident.
Now, I just received an adjustment to the total bill from around $8,000 , adding an additional $55,000 from a medical bill.
The collection company is allowing me to pay $150 a month on this.
Part of my concern, is I was looking to buy a home, and I am not sure if I can get a home loan with a $65,000 bill hanging over my head.
Is there anything I can do at this juncture, any recommendations or options that I may not be currently aware of?
Thanks in advance for any advise you can give.
Auto Insurance: What Can You Do About Debt from an Accident You Caused While Uninsured
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire