mercredi 5 août 2015

Pretrial Procedure: How to Get a Court Date Adjourned Due to Travel Plans

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Illinois

Hello,

Yesterday I got a citation for the possession of marijuana (less than 2.5 grams). Long story short I was at what appeared to look like a typical public park for children sitting on a picnic table next to a softball field, but apparently it was a private area of a government institution even though I saw no warnings or fences as I walked to it so they stopped me for trespassing initially. Then, they found my joint and had to keep me detained for that.

The issue is that in 15 days I am leaving the country because I am studying in a university in Europe. And, the clerk needs 7-14 business days to process my ticket and create a court date. After I leave I won't be back until holiday time December, after that until summer. Would I be able to postpone the court date for this reason? And, what would happen if I miss their assigned court due to my situation? What would happen at border control when they check my passport?


Pretrial Procedure: How to Get a Court Date Adjourned Due to Travel Plans

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire