jeudi 6 août 2015

Modification of Custody: Unlicensed Ex-Husband Allowing Unlicensed Daughter to Drive Him Around

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: NY

I recently discovered from my children that my ex husband (who has had his license revoked for over 8 years now) has been allowing our daughter to drive him around with our 14 year old son in the car and she doesn't even have her permit. Every time she has asked if she could drive I told her absolutely not until you get your permit. That is when I was told that dad makes her drive. I told her that she can not do that it's illegal and if he ever asks her to do it again she is to say no. Over the weekend he wanted her to drive again. Although she told him it was wrong he told her "I don't care what your mother says, get in the car and drive" and she didn't want to make him angry. She will be getting her Permit in a week and although I told him that he can not do that and it must stop. I explained the legal remifications of this and I was told "not to lecture him" and Just get her permit like I'm "supposed" to.

I have explained to her the ramifications of this if she got pulled over with only him in the car. I advised her that no matter what she needs to say no and stand by that. She is afraid she her father will get mad. He has never hit them but will certainly yell at them until they do what he expects which I understand in normal cases if they have done something terribly wrong. I am concerned when she gets her permit he will continue to have her drive him around. I know that we are going to end up back in court. With my job I can not take any time off for another week due to our office moving to a new location and attendence is manditory. I can not afford to lose my job, I have to support my children. The longer I wait to go to court I have been told I could be charged with neglect becuase I knew it happend earlier and waitied to go to court. What are my rights here? Will they take away his visitation if I can not trust that he won't intimidate her to drive?


Modification of Custody: Unlicensed Ex-Husband Allowing Unlicensed Daughter to Drive Him Around

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire