jeudi 6 août 2015

Court Proceedings: Guardianship of an Abused Sibling

My question involves child abuse or neglect in the State of: Pennsylvania

I am 19, I broke ties from my parents about a year ago. I have always felt I was raped by my father, but have no memories of this happening. However, I do clearly remember being sexually assaulted by my mother when I was nine, and there are other memories of earlier abuse that are fuzzy.

I am not looking to press charges against them for my abuse, but rather hope to gain custody of my younger sister, who is 13. I have never seen either of them abuse her, but from her past behavior feel they have. She was an extremely angry, violent toddler and struggled with bedwetting and night terrors up until she was 5.

I also know that she sometimes "sleepwalks" in the middle of the night but her eyes are open and she can hold full conversations, remembering none of it in the morning when she "wakes up". She also strongly believes in and claims to see fairies in the woods behind our house at night.

I know I'm only 19 and wouldn't be able to provide for her financially and physically to the same capacity they can but I'm worried for her mental well being. I don't think theyre still abusing her but i want to get her out of there and living with me if possible. I dont trust foster care. Im her sister and I know I can help her.


Court Proceedings: Guardianship of an Abused Sibling

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire