My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Illinois
I dropped my car off at a dealership a few days ago and when I got it back there was damage on the bumper. They took pictures of the car before taking it in and the pictures show no damage in the area. I did not check for damage when I picked the car up but when I got home an hour later I found the damage. I know for a fact that I did not damage the car. I called the dealership immediately and brought the car in. The representative acknowledged there was no previous damage and apologized/accepted fault for the damage and offered to repair it at the dealers expense. They gave me a rental car and sent me on my way. I get a call the next day (today) saying the footage of me leaving the dealership shows no visible damage in the area and they are now not accepting fault and will not fix the car.
Yes, I should have checked for damage before leaving the lot.
I am going to the dealership to review the footage later today but in this case, what are my options? I want to be prepared before I even go in. I'm worried the footage will be too blurry or pixled to clearly show if there is any damage. If this went to court, does the burden of proof still lie with the plaintiff? Can I request all video footage of my car for me to review?
Thank you.
I dropped my car off at a dealership a few days ago and when I got it back there was damage on the bumper. They took pictures of the car before taking it in and the pictures show no damage in the area. I did not check for damage when I picked the car up but when I got home an hour later I found the damage. I know for a fact that I did not damage the car. I called the dealership immediately and brought the car in. The representative acknowledged there was no previous damage and apologized/accepted fault for the damage and offered to repair it at the dealers expense. They gave me a rental car and sent me on my way. I get a call the next day (today) saying the footage of me leaving the dealership shows no visible damage in the area and they are now not accepting fault and will not fix the car.
Yes, I should have checked for damage before leaving the lot.
I am going to the dealership to review the footage later today but in this case, what are my options? I want to be prepared before I even go in. I'm worried the footage will be too blurry or pixled to clearly show if there is any damage. If this went to court, does the burden of proof still lie with the plaintiff? Can I request all video footage of my car for me to review?
Thank you.
Service and Repair: Dealer Refuses to Repair Damage Caused at Their Shop
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire