lundi 13 août 2018

Speeding Tickets: - Prosecutor Not Providing Discovery

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Washington State, Whatcom County

So I had another thread here, but today I something occurred that was super odd. I mailed my request for discovery in June and hadn't received anything, so I went to the court. The clerk's office said that the file indicated that they received a request for discovery on June 21, and there was nothing after that. They told me to go to the prosecutor's office, which I did, and here was what was really weird.

The person I talked to at the prosecutor's office said that they did not provide discovery anymore for speeding tickets. When I asked her to pull up my file she said there wouldn't be anything because these tickets don't even get sent to the prosecutor's office anymore. I went back to the clerk's office and prosecutor's office once more - and basically got something like that the type of hearing that I requested (contested/prosecutor) they didn't offer anymore, and so it would only be me and the judge now at the hearing. They wouldn't give me anything in writing, and just said that the judge would know the new rules. How is this possible? I'm so confused - what should I do??? Is this allowed???

Is anyone familiar with Whatcom County and their (recently changed?) procedures???


Speeding Tickets: - Prosecutor Not Providing Discovery

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire