Concerning privacy issues with submitting & owning my music composition copyrights and publishing rights, Im wondering if I could I utilize my music related LLCs name instead of my own? (LLC was created in NY). I dont have any problem with copyright.gov having my personal information for their own records
but dont want any of my personal info out all over the internet/Google etc
as copyright.gov lists your home address; personal phone number etc. on Google. copyright.gov states that : If an authors name is given, it will become part of the Offices online public records, which are accessible by Internet so I'm wondering if I could use the business name of my LLC? If using a pseudonym for the claimant name
issues / dealings involving the copyrighted property may raise questions about its ownership later on.
My name is currently on 2 musical compositions I recently composed and had a company transcribe, to make things easier for copyright.gov to see the lyrics and melody written out .I also have performance recordings of these ready to upload to copyright.gov but have not submitted them for copyright yet and could change the name of words and music by section to my LLC business name if its allowable.
I was told my LLC could be owner and claimant for my music composition copyrights in a works for hire type of situation..having my LLC commission me to compose songs for my LLC ,but I think because I work for my LLC, which Im the sole owner-member-manager for, that I would actually have to hire a non-member manager (with no ownership rights) probably any independent contractor ? (confused here) or could this be me ? Perhaps a contract would have to be written specifically stating that all music compositions created will be the property of my LLC which would be owner and claimant. I suppose I will still have to list myself as the 'author' of the works on Copyright.gov right?
Recently, I was checking any limitations on the works for hire situation and found that (supposedly) only a few types of copyrightable works qualify as works for hire and after checking these types online, I dont see any musical compositions (words and music) that falling under this works for hire situation unfortunately and so a bit frustrated and more confused here :)
I do already have a business virtual mailbox / street address; a business phone number and business email if these can be used. I also use a business name for myself thats listed on my LLC website.
For anyones listing of their real name, its not very hard to do an online search to find out their home address etc. via public records search ..
I suppose it all comes down to trying to find a way to utilize my music related LLC to protect my name and personal information related to my musical compositions for some degree of privacy / anonymity from the public when copyrighting.
Any help and/or direction in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank You so much for your time !
My name is currently on 2 musical compositions I recently composed and had a company transcribe, to make things easier for copyright.gov to see the lyrics and melody written out .I also have performance recordings of these ready to upload to copyright.gov but have not submitted them for copyright yet and could change the name of words and music by section to my LLC business name if its allowable.
I was told my LLC could be owner and claimant for my music composition copyrights in a works for hire type of situation..having my LLC commission me to compose songs for my LLC ,but I think because I work for my LLC, which Im the sole owner-member-manager for, that I would actually have to hire a non-member manager (with no ownership rights) probably any independent contractor ? (confused here) or could this be me ? Perhaps a contract would have to be written specifically stating that all music compositions created will be the property of my LLC which would be owner and claimant. I suppose I will still have to list myself as the 'author' of the works on Copyright.gov right?
Recently, I was checking any limitations on the works for hire situation and found that (supposedly) only a few types of copyrightable works qualify as works for hire and after checking these types online, I dont see any musical compositions (words and music) that falling under this works for hire situation unfortunately and so a bit frustrated and more confused here :)
I do already have a business virtual mailbox / street address; a business phone number and business email if these can be used. I also use a business name for myself thats listed on my LLC website.
For anyones listing of their real name, its not very hard to do an online search to find out their home address etc. via public records search ..
I suppose it all comes down to trying to find a way to utilize my music related LLC to protect my name and personal information related to my musical compositions for some degree of privacy / anonymity from the public when copyrighting.
Any help and/or direction in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank You so much for your time !
Copyright Law: Public Privacy Concerns with Copyright.gov
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire