vendredi 16 février 2018

Security Deposits: Lease Deposit Refund with Roomates

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Idaho

I leased a home with 3 other roommates we were all on the lease. The lease is up the end of February. I am moving and 2 of the other roommates have already moved out. The last roommate wants to lease the property with new roommates, the landlord says he will not return the deposit that he will transfer it to the new lease. I notified the landlord 30 days in advance that I would be moving. The new lease will not have myself or the other 2 roommates on it so it will be a new lease and not a renewal. I told the landlord the deposit should be returned and then a new deposit for the new lease with the new tenants on it. He told the last roommate that he and his new roommates would have to qualify for the house. I paid the 2 roommates share of the deposit so they are not looking for anything back.

Isn't it a new lease and one should have nothing to do with our lease that we completed and the deposit should be returned.


Security Deposits: Lease Deposit Refund with Roomates

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire