I've done a little research on this, but I'm kind of nervous about it.
I am a self-taught self-employed software developer. I have a Bachelor's degree in finance but no formal education (beyond an introductory computer science class that covered Excel and Word) in anything computer-related. I use what I learned in college about finance along with what I learned from resources like CPearson.com about software development to make computer programs used in investment-related decision-making for financial advisers and the like. I've been doing this since 2011.
Given that information, what kind of further education could I pursue that would be deductible as a business expense?
If I got really lucky and managed to go back to my alma mater and take the courses that make up the difference between a finance degree and a computer science degree, would that be deductible?
What if I just took one of those courses?
Or an MIT course with earned credits?
What if I learned a new programming language? Or how to work with Microsoft Access?
I am a self-taught self-employed software developer. I have a Bachelor's degree in finance but no formal education (beyond an introductory computer science class that covered Excel and Word) in anything computer-related. I use what I learned in college about finance along with what I learned from resources like CPearson.com about software development to make computer programs used in investment-related decision-making for financial advisers and the like. I've been doing this since 2011.
Given that information, what kind of further education could I pursue that would be deductible as a business expense?
If I got really lucky and managed to go back to my alma mater and take the courses that make up the difference between a finance degree and a computer science degree, would that be deductible?
What if I just took one of those courses?
Or an MIT course with earned credits?
What if I learned a new programming language? Or how to work with Microsoft Access?
Continuing Education As a Business Expense for a Self-Employed Software Developer
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire