My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Georgia
My daughter is 15 years old and I was married to her father for two years and was awarded full sole custody when we divorced in 2003. We lived in Virginia Beach together where he was still in the Navy then released on an other than honorable discharge due to the fact the Navy found him mentally unstable when he was caught urinating in his master chiefs coffee pot, simply because he was angry with him. In our divorce decree is states that the issue of child support shall be reserved for future determination By a court of competent jurisdiction. In which I showed up to two proceedings and he didnt. On top of that they wouldnt even hear my case and the clerks outside were less than helpful. I currently live in the state of Georgia and Ive tried two separate times in 15 years to serve him through the courts in Virginia.
At one point I even hired an investigator to get his home address in which I did- and had the papers sent certified- and from there he had someone else answer the door and say he didnt live there. He refuses to give me his new address but recently contacted my daughter so he could get her social security number which was a bright red flag to me. The man genuinely believes he doesnt have to pay child support like the rest of the men in this country and I cant waste time chasing his slimy self around to do the right thing. He has photos of himself volunteering at a retirement home wearing his old uniform with metals on it, one is a purple heart of all things. This man has never deployed and was only in the Navy for three years. If that doesnt speak volumes about his character to pose as a purple heart vet I dont know what does.
So my question is how do I file for child support through the state because he will never do the right thing and what state do I file in? Also what happens after I FILE what are the typical steps.
Sincerely
K
My daughter is 15 years old and I was married to her father for two years and was awarded full sole custody when we divorced in 2003. We lived in Virginia Beach together where he was still in the Navy then released on an other than honorable discharge due to the fact the Navy found him mentally unstable when he was caught urinating in his master chiefs coffee pot, simply because he was angry with him. In our divorce decree is states that the issue of child support shall be reserved for future determination By a court of competent jurisdiction. In which I showed up to two proceedings and he didnt. On top of that they wouldnt even hear my case and the clerks outside were less than helpful. I currently live in the state of Georgia and Ive tried two separate times in 15 years to serve him through the courts in Virginia.
At one point I even hired an investigator to get his home address in which I did- and had the papers sent certified- and from there he had someone else answer the door and say he didnt live there. He refuses to give me his new address but recently contacted my daughter so he could get her social security number which was a bright red flag to me. The man genuinely believes he doesnt have to pay child support like the rest of the men in this country and I cant waste time chasing his slimy self around to do the right thing. He has photos of himself volunteering at a retirement home wearing his old uniform with metals on it, one is a purple heart of all things. This man has never deployed and was only in the Navy for three years. If that doesnt speak volumes about his character to pose as a purple heart vet I dont know what does.
So my question is how do I file for child support through the state because he will never do the right thing and what state do I file in? Also what happens after I FILE what are the typical steps.
Sincerely
K
Collection and Enforcement: Establish Support
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire