My question involves insurance law for the state of: Nevada
I've just spent the last 3 hours writing this. Any insight or help is greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Summary of the claim thus far:
Tuesday Feb 7, 2017
Apt broken into called the police multiple times no one showed up. The sheriff at LVMPD called later that night to inform me that they were very busy and said that they didn't have anyone to send to my place. He also asked me to come into the police station on the 8th to make a report in person.
Wednesday Feb 8, 2017
Went to the police station and made a report on the break in, called in as soon as I left the police station to nationwide to report everything. Once I completed my statement I was informed by the person that I had made the report with that he would be my adjuster. He also stated that if he needed anymore information that he may be sending someone out to pick up documents and do a recorded statement as well.
Thursday Feb 9, 2017
Was informed that someone would be coming to Vegas to do a recorded statement and get information about the break in. That this person is just supposed to be coming by to pick up paperwork and I was also advised that it was nothing serious just picking up some documents.
Friday Feb 10, 2017 - afternoon
Received a phone call from someone whom only referred to herself as Mitzi. She said that she was trying to set up a date in which to come to Vegas from Utah to conduct an interview/ recorded statement and to pick up my documents as well as to submit them to Nathan the adjuster. We both agreed and set the date for Thursday Feb 16, 2017 at 2:30 p.m
Friday Feb 10, 2017 - morning
Received a phone call from Nathan saying that she's(Mitzi) only supposed to be coming to help him out and that she was only coming by to pick up my packet with notarized documentation as well as receipts and to get a recorded statement.
Thurs Feb 16, 2017
Mitzi, showed up a little early I was informed by the apartment manager, that she would also be getting a recorded statement from them as well. Since I had notified them of the incident and their maintenance people came by to see that the window was the point of entry because they never installed window locks into my unit before I took possession of the unit.
Mitzi wanted to get statements from the manager as well. Mitzi, came to my apt and said some pretty vulgar and demeaning things such as "I didn't think that you people could afford things like this" and "I never expected your kind to be prepared like this" ( because I had all of the documentation ready). She also asked questions such as why would you take pictures of your items, how did you come to be able to afford these items, as well as why did you call the cops? Did you call the cops? I figured you people didn't involve yourselves with law enforcement? Some of these things were stated while she was not recording.
The interview lasted for about 2:30 minutes, she did not want to see any of my documentation or receipts but instead kept implying that she didn't see any boxes or items that were claimed such as T.Vs and game consoles. Even though the boxes were literally right in her view, she then stated that she was going to take pictures of the apt complex when she left and that she would be submitting all of the information later on that night. I had also taken photos with my cell phone of all of the documents before I submitted them to Mitzi as well and I sent them over via email to Nathan.
Fri Feb 17, 2017
I Received a phone call from Nathan stating that he had received my documents that I emailed over the day before. That he had also called Mitzi because she hadn't sent over any of my documents yet but that she would be doing so later that day 2/17/17. Then they would be moving forward with my claim, I was then advised that he would also be giving me a call early on in the following week. At which time I asked if there was anything else that was needed he said not at this time and I told him to let me know if there was anything else that they would need any help with.
Feb 22, 2017
Mitzi called stating that she now also wanted to interview my fiancé as well concerning the break in and that she couldn't move forward with her investigation, because he was on the scene and was also the person that reported to the office as well.
She got in contact with my fiancé and did a recorded statement over the phone even though she had just stated on the phone that they can only do recorded statements in person. She also told him that he would need to stop doing what he was doing and the only way that they could do a statement was to be able to come out to Vegas to get the statement. Also informed the case would just sit until she received his statement if she didn't get it.
Feb 24, 2017
I called Nathan for a status update no answer as usual, I left a voicemail and he returned the call some hours later. I asked if there was any status update about my claim and he told me that Mitzi was investigating my claim and that I would have to wait until the investigation was complete before they could move forward with my claim.
He also stated that Mitzi had told him earlier in the week that she needed some other documentation to be able to continue the investigation 4 items to be exact they were, 1. a photo from my call log showing that I called the police (911) and also when the sheriff of the department called me back to tell me to come in and make a report, 2. a picture of the damages done to the T.V stand, 3. a picture of the Big Lots receipt of the day and time that the break in occurred stating that we were away from the residence at the time that the break occurred, 4. another signed and dated Financial Authorization Form which I had completed and turned into her in person on the day that she came and took my recorded statement. Nathan said they needed that because the date on the document needed to be corrected, he would also be sending a list of what I needed to send in by mail and email as well. I never received either, he said that was all that was needed to finish the claim up.
Thur Mar 2, 2017
I received in the mail a letter from the LVMPD on the 1st of March stating that they had caught and arrested a suspect that had some of my stolen items on his person. Also informed that I needed to sign a voluntary statement and send it back to them regarding this person. I emailed this letter to Nathan at Nationwide, I had no information on Mitzi other than her first name and a cell number. I called her to inform her, she told me that she wanted to see the documentation first and that I would have to submit it to Nathan.
Fri Mar 3, 2017
Nathan called me back before he went home for the weekend late 8:30 my time so it was 11:30 his time stating that he had been out of the office on Thursday the day before and that he hasn't heard from Mitzi at all that week regarding anything about my claim. He informed me that he had submitted my police document to Mitzi, for her to look it over and he also stated that he would be calling her on Monday to check up on the status. So that they could go ahead and wrap up my claim and that he would give me a call early next week.
I asked if he needed anything else to finish the processing of my claim and he said no. I then asked about the email and mail that he was supposed to send with the document for me to resign and date as well and I was advised that the document wasn't required, as they can finish the claim without it.
Tues Mar 7, 2017
I called Nathan no answer as usual, I left a message on the answering machine asking if there was any update on my claim.
Thurs Mar 9, 2017
I emailed Nathan stating that I had called and left a voicemail, since there was no answer. In the email I asked him to give me a call as I had some questions that I wanted to ask regarding my claim. I wanted a status update as well would he please give me a call.
Fri Mar 10, 2017
Nathan sent an email back stating that he was waiting on Mitzi to complete her end of the review.
Not very informative no real update at all throughout the claim process.
Thurs Mar 16, 2017
Since I was receiving really no correspondence and no information was listed on the claims website at all. I couldn't really catch up with Nathan, I called claims customer service to ask if they had any update regarding my claim. I spoke to someone named Amy and she said that there was no information regarding my claim other than they were waiting on Mitzi to submit my information to them. I was then informed that was a bit odd because Mitzi is only listed in their systems as Mitzi no last name or contact information in their systems regarding her, not even a job title or position.
At which point she advised me that maybe I should call their claims manager to see if I could possibly get some answers from him. When I spoke with their claims manager I was informed that he would contact Mitzi and Nathan and that he would have Nathan or himself call me back within 24 hours with an answer as to what's going on with my claim and that was around 3:30 p.m.
Fri Mar 17, 2017
Nathan called my phone, the phone rang only once, literally one ring! I called right back to no avail no answer so I left a voicemail asking him to please give me a call back. Nathan then emailed me right after that stating that he called and didn't get an answer so now he's emailing me to say that they need the Financial Authorization Form because the date needed to be corrected so that he could send it over to Mitzi.
Oh by the way Nathan waited until the end of his work day, 8pm my time to call. Of course not within 24hours but that's not the biggest problem of the matter.
Here's a copy and paste of the exact email I received yesterday:
I spoke with my manager and he advised that you were looking for a status update on your claim. I just attempted to call you and was directed to voice mail and your mailbox was full. I spoke with Mitzi and it appears that we are still waiting on a copy of the signed financial authorization form which includes that correct date on it. I do not recall if you had a copy of that or not but I have attached a copy of the theft packet where you will be able to find the financial authorization form. If you can fill that out and sign it and send it back as soon as you can I can send it to Mitzi.
Just a giant W.T.F moment I had experienced after reading that message! What is your opinion on what has happened so far? Is this typical? I've never filed an insurance claim in my life, except this one of course. So I do not know what to do.
Also I did fill out the form once again and emailed it to him yesterday night. Thank you for taking the time to read this!
I've just spent the last 3 hours writing this. Any insight or help is greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Summary of the claim thus far:
Tuesday Feb 7, 2017
Apt broken into called the police multiple times no one showed up. The sheriff at LVMPD called later that night to inform me that they were very busy and said that they didn't have anyone to send to my place. He also asked me to come into the police station on the 8th to make a report in person.
Wednesday Feb 8, 2017
Went to the police station and made a report on the break in, called in as soon as I left the police station to nationwide to report everything. Once I completed my statement I was informed by the person that I had made the report with that he would be my adjuster. He also stated that if he needed anymore information that he may be sending someone out to pick up documents and do a recorded statement as well.
Thursday Feb 9, 2017
Was informed that someone would be coming to Vegas to do a recorded statement and get information about the break in. That this person is just supposed to be coming by to pick up paperwork and I was also advised that it was nothing serious just picking up some documents.
Friday Feb 10, 2017 - afternoon
Received a phone call from someone whom only referred to herself as Mitzi. She said that she was trying to set up a date in which to come to Vegas from Utah to conduct an interview/ recorded statement and to pick up my documents as well as to submit them to Nathan the adjuster. We both agreed and set the date for Thursday Feb 16, 2017 at 2:30 p.m
Friday Feb 10, 2017 - morning
Received a phone call from Nathan saying that she's(Mitzi) only supposed to be coming to help him out and that she was only coming by to pick up my packet with notarized documentation as well as receipts and to get a recorded statement.
Thurs Feb 16, 2017
Mitzi, showed up a little early I was informed by the apartment manager, that she would also be getting a recorded statement from them as well. Since I had notified them of the incident and their maintenance people came by to see that the window was the point of entry because they never installed window locks into my unit before I took possession of the unit.
Mitzi wanted to get statements from the manager as well. Mitzi, came to my apt and said some pretty vulgar and demeaning things such as "I didn't think that you people could afford things like this" and "I never expected your kind to be prepared like this" ( because I had all of the documentation ready). She also asked questions such as why would you take pictures of your items, how did you come to be able to afford these items, as well as why did you call the cops? Did you call the cops? I figured you people didn't involve yourselves with law enforcement? Some of these things were stated while she was not recording.
The interview lasted for about 2:30 minutes, she did not want to see any of my documentation or receipts but instead kept implying that she didn't see any boxes or items that were claimed such as T.Vs and game consoles. Even though the boxes were literally right in her view, she then stated that she was going to take pictures of the apt complex when she left and that she would be submitting all of the information later on that night. I had also taken photos with my cell phone of all of the documents before I submitted them to Mitzi as well and I sent them over via email to Nathan.
Fri Feb 17, 2017
I Received a phone call from Nathan stating that he had received my documents that I emailed over the day before. That he had also called Mitzi because she hadn't sent over any of my documents yet but that she would be doing so later that day 2/17/17. Then they would be moving forward with my claim, I was then advised that he would also be giving me a call early on in the following week. At which time I asked if there was anything else that was needed he said not at this time and I told him to let me know if there was anything else that they would need any help with.
Feb 22, 2017
Mitzi called stating that she now also wanted to interview my fiancé as well concerning the break in and that she couldn't move forward with her investigation, because he was on the scene and was also the person that reported to the office as well.
She got in contact with my fiancé and did a recorded statement over the phone even though she had just stated on the phone that they can only do recorded statements in person. She also told him that he would need to stop doing what he was doing and the only way that they could do a statement was to be able to come out to Vegas to get the statement. Also informed the case would just sit until she received his statement if she didn't get it.
Feb 24, 2017
I called Nathan for a status update no answer as usual, I left a voicemail and he returned the call some hours later. I asked if there was any status update about my claim and he told me that Mitzi was investigating my claim and that I would have to wait until the investigation was complete before they could move forward with my claim.
He also stated that Mitzi had told him earlier in the week that she needed some other documentation to be able to continue the investigation 4 items to be exact they were, 1. a photo from my call log showing that I called the police (911) and also when the sheriff of the department called me back to tell me to come in and make a report, 2. a picture of the damages done to the T.V stand, 3. a picture of the Big Lots receipt of the day and time that the break in occurred stating that we were away from the residence at the time that the break occurred, 4. another signed and dated Financial Authorization Form which I had completed and turned into her in person on the day that she came and took my recorded statement. Nathan said they needed that because the date on the document needed to be corrected, he would also be sending a list of what I needed to send in by mail and email as well. I never received either, he said that was all that was needed to finish the claim up.
Thur Mar 2, 2017
I received in the mail a letter from the LVMPD on the 1st of March stating that they had caught and arrested a suspect that had some of my stolen items on his person. Also informed that I needed to sign a voluntary statement and send it back to them regarding this person. I emailed this letter to Nathan at Nationwide, I had no information on Mitzi other than her first name and a cell number. I called her to inform her, she told me that she wanted to see the documentation first and that I would have to submit it to Nathan.
Fri Mar 3, 2017
Nathan called me back before he went home for the weekend late 8:30 my time so it was 11:30 his time stating that he had been out of the office on Thursday the day before and that he hasn't heard from Mitzi at all that week regarding anything about my claim. He informed me that he had submitted my police document to Mitzi, for her to look it over and he also stated that he would be calling her on Monday to check up on the status. So that they could go ahead and wrap up my claim and that he would give me a call early next week.
I asked if he needed anything else to finish the processing of my claim and he said no. I then asked about the email and mail that he was supposed to send with the document for me to resign and date as well and I was advised that the document wasn't required, as they can finish the claim without it.
Tues Mar 7, 2017
I called Nathan no answer as usual, I left a message on the answering machine asking if there was any update on my claim.
Thurs Mar 9, 2017
I emailed Nathan stating that I had called and left a voicemail, since there was no answer. In the email I asked him to give me a call as I had some questions that I wanted to ask regarding my claim. I wanted a status update as well would he please give me a call.
Fri Mar 10, 2017
Nathan sent an email back stating that he was waiting on Mitzi to complete her end of the review.
Not very informative no real update at all throughout the claim process.
Thurs Mar 16, 2017
Since I was receiving really no correspondence and no information was listed on the claims website at all. I couldn't really catch up with Nathan, I called claims customer service to ask if they had any update regarding my claim. I spoke to someone named Amy and she said that there was no information regarding my claim other than they were waiting on Mitzi to submit my information to them. I was then informed that was a bit odd because Mitzi is only listed in their systems as Mitzi no last name or contact information in their systems regarding her, not even a job title or position.
At which point she advised me that maybe I should call their claims manager to see if I could possibly get some answers from him. When I spoke with their claims manager I was informed that he would contact Mitzi and Nathan and that he would have Nathan or himself call me back within 24 hours with an answer as to what's going on with my claim and that was around 3:30 p.m.
Fri Mar 17, 2017
Nathan called my phone, the phone rang only once, literally one ring! I called right back to no avail no answer so I left a voicemail asking him to please give me a call back. Nathan then emailed me right after that stating that he called and didn't get an answer so now he's emailing me to say that they need the Financial Authorization Form because the date needed to be corrected so that he could send it over to Mitzi.
Oh by the way Nathan waited until the end of his work day, 8pm my time to call. Of course not within 24hours but that's not the biggest problem of the matter.
Here's a copy and paste of the exact email I received yesterday:
I spoke with my manager and he advised that you were looking for a status update on your claim. I just attempted to call you and was directed to voice mail and your mailbox was full. I spoke with Mitzi and it appears that we are still waiting on a copy of the signed financial authorization form which includes that correct date on it. I do not recall if you had a copy of that or not but I have attached a copy of the theft packet where you will be able to find the financial authorization form. If you can fill that out and sign it and send it back as soon as you can I can send it to Mitzi.
Just a giant W.T.F moment I had experienced after reading that message! What is your opinion on what has happened so far? Is this typical? I've never filed an insurance claim in my life, except this one of course. So I do not know what to do.
Also I did fill out the form once again and emailed it to him yesterday night. Thank you for taking the time to read this!
Home Insurance: Regarding a Rental Insurance Claim
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire