mercredi 22 juin 2016

Sales Agreements: Threatened With a Lawsuit After Selling a Salvage Vehicle As-Is, With Disclosure

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: north Carolina
I sold a 2007 ford escape with salvage title to a private party for 6500. They drove the vehicle and inspected it carefully. I also gave them a chance to bring a mechanic and have it inspected. They declined my offer and only wanted a new nc state inspection before making the sale final. next day I got the state inspection done and called they guy ,who agreed to meet at a notory around 5:00. I had a bill of sale ,which clearly stated the car is sold as is where is. also on the back of the title there is a damage disclosure which was checked to show its been in an accident 25% or more of its value, and has been reconstructed. he signed it and it was notarized.
few weeks later he shows up at my house saying he found frame damage on vehicle and will coast more money. couple weeks later he brings a letter from his lawyer threatening to sue for 3 times what his client paid. I told him it was used vehicle sold as is. today I get a letter from court that his lawyer filed.
my points are: I never knew if there was any frame damage because the car never gave any issues; he had ample time to inspect the vehicle. He bought it as is. He signed the damage disclosure .
any help would be appreciated.


Sales Agreements: Threatened With a Lawsuit After Selling a Salvage Vehicle As-Is, With Disclosure

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire