mercredi 4 mai 2016

State Taxes: Tax Liability on a Lapsed Corporation

My question involves business law in the state of: NY

I took over ownership of a corporation and filed business taxes for year 2004, one time.
Was so busy since then, completely forgot I owned this. Corporation had no activity, no income, no employees or whatsoever, so far.

Also have moved to a different home in 2005 and no longer have access mails received on this corporation to the old address, nor did I file a change of address with NY state or IRS.
Did not receive any notice so far from IRS or NY state to my current address.

When I just looked up NY state website , the corporation status is: Dissolution by Proclamation / Annulment of Authority (XXX XX, 2010)

I don't need this company to be reinstated.

My question is if I own any back taxes to IRS or NY state?

Can this lead to situations like liens on assets or something, for missing to file zero returns?

Any insights with knowledge of similar matter are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.


State Taxes: Tax Liability on a Lapsed Corporation

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire