My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Illinois.
I have retained an immigration lawyer 2yrs ago by paying him $3000 retainer. We exchanged 3-4 messages, however no substantial work on the matter was done. I changed my mind and asked for a refund. He responded, that he will deduct a flat fee of $XXX and administrative maintenance fee $YYY/month. This effectively makes the refund on the order of $100. Considering the amount of work done (almost zero) I think it is a bit unreasonable.
The retainer contract signed contains no early termination clause. The contract contains arbitration clause, that all disputes should be resolved by mediator, then binding arbitration.
I would like to negotiate somewhat higher amount. What leverage can I use? Reporting him to BBB? AILA (american immigration lawyer association)? Do I have any?
Any suggestion is welcome ...
I have retained an immigration lawyer 2yrs ago by paying him $3000 retainer. We exchanged 3-4 messages, however no substantial work on the matter was done. I changed my mind and asked for a refund. He responded, that he will deduct a flat fee of $XXX and administrative maintenance fee $YYY/month. This effectively makes the refund on the order of $100. Considering the amount of work done (almost zero) I think it is a bit unreasonable.
The retainer contract signed contains no early termination clause. The contract contains arbitration clause, that all disputes should be resolved by mediator, then binding arbitration.
I would like to negotiate somewhat higher amount. What leverage can I use? Reporting him to BBB? AILA (american immigration lawyer association)? Do I have any?
Any suggestion is welcome ...
Service Providers: Lawyer Refuses to Issue Refund for the Services Not Started
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire