My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: SC. Soon after purchasing a car I found a repair receipt from a previous owner while clean it up. I threw it away and thought nothing of it until a few months later the car began to fall apart. I replaced the radiator and alternator. The right head light had fallen off the car but was not repairable since the all but 1 wire was missing and it was held together by tape and super glue. I drove the care like this for a few more months until black smoke came out the tail pipe and the car just died. I called the dealer told he what happened. He had me toe it to his repair guy. After a week of no calls I finally go by the dealership. The dealer told me they could repair the car and add the cost to my loan. He then told me that because it was going to be an expensive repair he didn't think it was worth it and he would just take the car off my hands. I agreed, he gave me some paperwork. I quickly looked over it and signed. They quickly sold the car at an auction and placed the remaining balance on my credit report. When I found out what happened I went by the dealership and tried speaking to a manager. He told me that the paperwork I signed stated I had voluntarily turned my car in for non payment. Since I had been late on a 2 or 3 payments in the pass it was out of his hands. Now I'm struck with this balance on my credit report. What can I do?
Repossession: What Can I Do if I Unknowingly Purchased a Salvage Title Car
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire