mercredi 4 mai 2016

Exemptions: How Do Exemptions for Default Judgements on Private Student Loans Work

My question involves court procedures for the state of: South Carolina

I'm currently unemployed and trying to find a job and I'm pretty sure the bank I have a private student loan with is going to sue me. I have no property (no house or vehicles), I live with my parent's currently, and money that they can take and I own very little as is. The only thing I'm really worried about until I can find a job is them taking my personal items. Everything I own is in a small bedroom and and probably worth altogether $1,000-$2,000 and that's mainly because of furniture and electronics. The debt itself is around $10,000. I've been trying to read up on exemptions but I don't quite understand it and I don't know if exemptions can be used when the default judgement is for a private student loan. I'm also wondering if they'd actually take things that no one would ever buy due to how old, worn, ratty and falling apart the item is.

I've tried reading about exemptions and executions on here http://ift.tt/1NXkVzL but I'm not sure if these apply to my situation and I'm having a bit of a hard time understanding it.

Also, I originally lived and took out the loan in PA then moved a few months ago to SC. The loan defaulted while I've been living in SC. Would I need to follow laws for PA or SC in this situation?

Any and all help and explanations would be greatly appreciated!


Exemptions: How Do Exemptions for Default Judgements on Private Student Loans Work

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire