My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: Florida
Back in October 2014 I was dropped without warning or alert by my auto insurance company. I was pulled over on 10/14/14 for my license being suspended for not having insurance. I walked to the DMV the next day to start sorting things out and was told the ticket shouldn't have been issued since the suspension wasn't in effect until 10/15.
I did what I needed to and got my license back. I had to pay extra toward the ticket to put it on a payment plan. The officer had only given me 30 days to pay instead of my states usual 90 days.
Last month I was pulled over and arrested for driving on a revoked license. Apparently I had been pegged a Habitual Traffic Offender from the ticket last year paired with a previous traffic offence I'd forgotten about.
Luckily the felony charges were dropped, and I was told to file to get the invalid ticket removed from my record to get rid of the HTO to reinstate my license.
I cannot find what type of motion to file, if it's a traffic appeal, a post conviction relief or what.
I can't challenge a ticket that's been paid, and was never informed that paying a ticket is a guilty plea.
I never received any letter or notice that my license was being revoked.
There has been a lot of issues in my county lately of people being in trouble for missing jury duty, or not being informed of license issues because none of the letters or notices are sent certified mail and often get lost or stolen from mail boxes.
What is the next step?
I'm struggling with my errand services and costuming work, and at risk of losing my scholarship at school because I can't get there.
Back in October 2014 I was dropped without warning or alert by my auto insurance company. I was pulled over on 10/14/14 for my license being suspended for not having insurance. I walked to the DMV the next day to start sorting things out and was told the ticket shouldn't have been issued since the suspension wasn't in effect until 10/15.
I did what I needed to and got my license back. I had to pay extra toward the ticket to put it on a payment plan. The officer had only given me 30 days to pay instead of my states usual 90 days.
Last month I was pulled over and arrested for driving on a revoked license. Apparently I had been pegged a Habitual Traffic Offender from the ticket last year paired with a previous traffic offence I'd forgotten about.
Luckily the felony charges were dropped, and I was told to file to get the invalid ticket removed from my record to get rid of the HTO to reinstate my license.
I cannot find what type of motion to file, if it's a traffic appeal, a post conviction relief or what.
I can't challenge a ticket that's been paid, and was never informed that paying a ticket is a guilty plea.
I never received any letter or notice that my license was being revoked.
There has been a lot of issues in my county lately of people being in trouble for missing jury duty, or not being informed of license issues because none of the letters or notices are sent certified mail and often get lost or stolen from mail boxes.
What is the next step?
I'm struggling with my errand services and costuming work, and at risk of losing my scholarship at school because I can't get there.
Suspension and Revocation: What Motion Do I File to Reinstate
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire