I have been on SSI for 20 years. About ten years ago SSA started taking money out of my checks. They gave several different reasons for doing so, each time I got a new caseworker they would give a different reason. Last year I got the yearly letter of how much my check would be, how much would be taken out, etc. The letter also said I could disagree and could see the reasons etc. I called SSA and set up an appointment to find out why my check was being less than it should be. I showed up for the appointment with my designated payee and a legal person to explain what I could not understand. The man told us he did not have time to figure it out and his computer did not go back far enough. He gave me a form for request of reconsideration and told me to fill it out and mail it in. I did that and it has been more than a year with no response. The letter said by law they have to tell me these things, but they wont tell me at all. The last thing the guy said was that my check was being deducted because I was not disabled for three years. I dont understand how I could not be disabled after being disabled and then be disabled again all without any letters from SSA saying this. And without doctors saying this. And without me knowing this. My question is how can I get them to tell me how/when this decision was made and by whom. We figure they have taken more than $10,000 out of my checks over a ten year period.
Social Security Issues: Why Are There Deductions from My SSI Check
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire