jeudi 24 septembre 2015

Civil Procedure Issues: Double Small Claims Filing (Wa State) and Domestic Violence

My question involves small claims court in the state of: Washington State

Real quick, in late 2014 I had my ex partner arrested for DV in WA State. I finally got a full DV-Protection order against the party in late spring after receiving harrassing phone calls, emails sent to me and my family, ext...

During the procedure, I found out that said person also has three restraining orders against them in another state (1 current, 2 expired)

Fast forward to a few weeks ago: I was served with two Small Claims court cases that were filed in my home county where I live (each for the maximum amount/WA state $5k) The other party is trying to get money back from me because of his temp relocation (Jail, a hotel, ext...) I moved out of my house and moved 45 miles away to get away from him. My landlord released me from my half of the lease. I found out that he moved out of the house three months later. According to the small claims lawsuit, this person alledges that he is missing Amazon boxes (Gifts that were given to me by him in an attempt to get me back when we tried to "Reconsile" over the winter) Now they are claiming all this missing stuff. I have yet to see a police report...I do have emails about them giving me the items as gifts, along with text messages ext...

My question is simple: How can I use this in small claims court that this is just more harrassment on their part? I am being forced to move out of state in the near future just to get away from said person. I am going to have to fly back into town to defend myself against this small claims case. Is there a way that I can use this stuff in Small Claims to defend myself? I have read that "Anti-SLAPP" laws iN WA are designed to help with this kind of stuff as well as CR11 in court.

Thank you for your time.


Civil Procedure Issues: Double Small Claims Filing (Wa State) and Domestic Violence

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire