My question involves name change laws in the State of: NY / CA
I'm planning on petitioning to change my son's last name to match mine and my husband's. We live in NY and have lived here for 4 years. My custody case was originally filed in CA where my son was born and that's where the case still resides if I was trying to modify it. Am I supposed to file papers for a name change through California courts where the custody case resides or in New York where my son resides? His father still lives in CA.
I'm planning on petitioning to change my son's last name to match mine and my husband's. We live in NY and have lived here for 4 years. My custody case was originally filed in CA where my son was born and that's where the case still resides if I was trying to modify it. Am I supposed to file papers for a name change through California courts where the custody case resides or in New York where my son resides? His father still lives in CA.
Changing a Child's Name: What State to File Petition
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire