From my understanding, a lot of brokerage firms either restrict or completely deny business from US citizens living abroad. I think I also have read that mutual funds are off limits for US citizens living abroad.
1)What are the risks (account seizure, fine, loss of funds, legal action, etc.) involved if a non-US resident uses a VPN ( IP address changer) and a US mailing address to open an account and start trading and maybe even purchase mutual funds?
2) What if they ask where you are at this exact moment and the customer lies?
PS: I'm aware I asked virtually the same question before, but that was about regular bank accounts. From my research, brokerage accounts are different in this regard.
1)What are the risks (account seizure, fine, loss of funds, legal action, etc.) involved if a non-US resident uses a VPN ( IP address changer) and a US mailing address to open an account and start trading and maybe even purchase mutual funds?
2) What if they ask where you are at this exact moment and the customer lies?
PS: I'm aware I asked virtually the same question before, but that was about regular bank accounts. From my research, brokerage accounts are different in this regard.
Banking: Opening a Brokerage Account As a U.S. Citizen Living Abroad
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire